Both Canada and the United States, which share the world’s largest and most comprehensive trading relationship, release reports on the size of their international trade this week. Two other announcements in the United States – a report on personal income and spending, and another on U.S. employment – will give further insight into the strength of the U.S. economy. Two webinars from Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters and sponsored by EDC will provide exporters with information about how to sell more in the global market and about some of the financing options, solutions and practices available for international trade.
Monday, February 1, 2016
- Publication of Global Financial Markets, a weekly publication that reports key financial and macroeconomic information for both developed and emerging markets.
- Publication of Commodity Tracker, a weekly table of commodity prices and economic indicators related to activity in the commodity markets that are most relevant to Canadian exporters.
Friday, February 5, 2016
- Publication of Export Performance Monitor, a monthly publication that tracks recent movements in Canadian exports by industry and geographic market. The insight also references EDC’s Global Export Forecast, which is produced twice yearly.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE EVENTS
Tuesday, February 2, 2016 – 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EST
This webinar will give you a practical step by step template to increase your sales domestically and in the Global Market. This goal can be achieved by improving your understanding about what your customers want and developing plans to transform your customers into your partners. Offered by Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) and sponsored by Export Development Canada.
Wednesday, February 3, 2016 – 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EST
Alexander R. Malaket will take you through an overview of financing options, solutions and practices related to the conduct of international trade, introducing the mechanics of long-established instruments such as letters of credit, and addressing recent developments in the financing of international supply chains. Offered by Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) and sponsored by Export Development Canada, this webinar will cover the four core elements of trade and supply chain finance, explore sources and gain practical insight on ways to mitigate risks through the proper selection of trade finance products.
Cost: $40 Non-Members; $30 CME Members
February 3-4, 2016 – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Co-located with Aircraft Interiors Middle East (AIME), MRO Middle East offers an opportunity to learn of the crucial issues impacting the MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) industry and to engage colleagues, customers, peers, and competitors from all segments of the business. Unlike air shows which attract a wide range of visitors from across all aspects of civil, military/defence, and space, MRO Middle East’s specific focus on commercial aircraft MRO providing a more intimate venue for buyers and suppliers to meet. The event is a key opportunity to reach out to new and existing customers in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Monday, February 1, 2016
- U.S. government releases report on Personal Income and Outlays (December 2015)
Thursday, February 4, 2016
- Bank of England makes a regularly scheduled interest rate announcement
Friday, February 5, 2016
- Statistics Canada releases report on Canadian International Merchandise Trade (December 2015)
- U.S. government releases report on U.S. International Trade in Goods and Services (November 2015)
- U.S. government releases report on Employment Situation (January 2016)
January 23, 2016
- Press Release: “Prime Minister Justin Trudeau meets with Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament” (Prime Minister’s Office)
January 25, 2016
- Press Release: “Open Letter to Canadians on the Trans-Pacific Partnership from the Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Minister of International Trade” (Global Affairs Canada)
January 26, 2016
- Press Release: “Canadian companies propel EDC to record year in India” (Export Development Canada)
January 27, 2016
- Press Release: “Winnipeg’s Manitobah Mukluks uses $3.5 M EDC loan guarantee to grow its international export program” (Export Development Canada)
January 28, 2016
- Press Release: “British Columbia’s Vanrx uses USD 1.5M in financing from EDC to grow sales into the US and India” (Export Development Canada)
- Press Release (available in English only): “Advance Report on Durable Goods Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories and Orders, December 2015” (U.S. Census Bureau)
January 29, 2016
- Press Release: “Gross domestic product by industry, November 2015” (Statistics Canada)
- Press Release (available in English only): “Gross Domestic Product: Fourth Quarter and Annual 2015 (Advance Estimate)” (U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis)
Available for viewing on demand
EDC recently hosted a series of three free webinars that will answer your questions and help you understand the benefits and rewards of exporting to international markets.
- Exporters do better. How to get started
- Get the most out of exporting to the United States
- Export challenges: How to overcome them and succeed