The life sciences is an growing sector in Canada, and an area where we are increasingly seeing innovative solutions from Canadian small and medium sized businesses. Canadian companies are developing cutting edge products that will contribute to improved health-care delivery and patient care in Canada and around the world.
But if you’re a business in life sciences, what’s the best way to access financing? Why not ask an expert?
On June 11, Export Development Canada (EDC) and MaRS Discovery District (MaRS) will be hosting a panel discussion with some of Canada’s premier experts in the life sciences and healthcare industry.
Facilitated by Dr. Jason Field, Executive Director of Life Sciences Ontario (LSO), the theme of the panel discussion will focus on “The Road to Commercialization – The story of life sciences companies, their challenges, opportunities and successes”.
Panelists will provide insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by Canadian companies in the Life Sciences and Healthcare sectors to assist companies in finding solutions.
- Brian Bloom, Co-Founder and President and Head of Institutional Sales of Bloom Burton and Co. Ltd.
- Andrew Booth, CFO, Stemcell Technologies Inc.
- Antonio Lopes, Strategic Account Executive and Sector Lead for Life Sciences and Healthcare and Equity Connect Programs, Export Development Canada.
- Lee McDonald, President and CEO of Southmedic Inc.
- Christine Sarkisian, Canadian Trade Commissioner in Boston for Foreign Affairs and Trade Development Canada.
- Peter van der Velden, Managing General Partner at Lumira Capital.
“Access to financing can be a challenge for small and medium emerging businesses in the life sciences sector,” said Jason Field, President and CEO of LSO. “Recent findings in the LSO 2015 Life Sciences Sector Report found that this sector is a huge growth opportunity for Canada. Not only do events like this provide a great opportunity for networking and knowledge sharing for companies in the industry, but they also help raise public awareness of the challenges that it can face.”
- Vancouver – September 15, 2015
- Edmonton – September 16, 2016
- Calgary – September 17, 2015
- Montreal – October 22, 2015