This week offers exporters an opportunity to learn more about the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), with EDC hosting a forum in Ottawa on Tuesday and offering a webinar (in partnership with the Canadian Apparel Federation) on the impact of the TPP on the apparel and textile sectors on Thursday. EDC is also holding its Annual Public Meeting on Thursday, with members of the public invited to take part via teleconference (call-in details below).
December 6-11, 2015 – Mumbai, New Delhi and Jaipur, India
- Infrastructure Mission to India 2015 – The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, Export Development Canada (EDC) and their partners have organized a Sustainable Infrastructure and Built Environment mission to India. The mission includes a series of interactions and seminars in Mumbai, New Delhi and the surrounding area, followed by participation in “Municipalika 2015” in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Tuesday, December 8, 2015 – Ottawa, Ontario
- TPP Forum 2015 – This event examines the text of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement from a number of different angles in order to better understand the opportunities and threats it presents to Canadian business and policy makers. Hill Times’ journalists as well as leading industry, government, and academic policy experts will provide an in-depth analysis and assessment of the prospects for Canada under the new agreement. The TPP would eliminate over 18,000 tariffs among the 12 member countries. It is the largest global trade treaty of its kind, encompassing 40 percent of the world’s economy.
Thursday, December 10, 2015 – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (EST)
- Webinar: Canadian Apparel Federation – An overview of the Trans-Pacific Partnership 2015 – EDC, in partnership with the Canadian Apparel Federation (CAF), will provide an update on the Trade Policy and Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement (TPP). You will learn the impact this new agreement will have on the apparel and textile sectors, the rules of the TPP agreement, tariff provisions, and much more. This webinar will have use concrete examples to illustrate how the agreement will impact Canadian exporters and importers. Shannon McLuhan, Account Manager, will be one of the speakers providing insight on how EDC can help you mitigate risk. Cost: Free for CAF members; $75.00 for non-members
Thursday, December 10, 2015 – 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (EST)
- Teleconference: Export Development Canada Annual Public Meeting – EDC invites the public to participate in its Annual Public Meeting by teleconference to hear presentations on its performance, financial position, corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities, and future plans. Teleconference number: 1-800-241-0394, Conference ID number: 85110406
INTERNATIONAL TRADE EVENTS:
December 8-10, 2015 – Las Vegas, United States
- “Power Generation (POWER-GEN) International” – POWER-GEN International is the world’s largest power generation event focusing on innovation, technical trends and business strategies. Attendees include a broad range of power professionals with the ability to make purchasing decisions. There will be a strong Canadian company presence at the event, including from the Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCI).
December 9-11, 2015 – Jaipur, India
- “Municipalika 2015” – The 13th edition of Municipalika will be organised with CAPEx, the trade show focusing on Construction, Architecture, Planning and Engineering to deliberate on sustainable built environment and good urban governance. It will highlight pertinent issues revolving around these challenges and opportunities, sharing best and leading practices, evolving technological and managerial solutions, and providing inputs for policy interventions. It offers a tremendous opportunity for Canadian companies with expertise in the urban infrastructure and built environment space to be part of and contribute to India’s urban transformation.
November 30, 2015
December 1, 2015
- Press Release: “Terrebonne’s Précision SF Tech uses EDC loan guarantee to boost sales in the U.S.”
- Press Release: “EDC responds to demand for sustainable investment with new Green Bond”
- Press Release: “Gross domestic product, income and expenditure, third quarter 2015”
December 2, 2015
- Press Release: “Saint-Eustache’s Trafic Innovation uses EDC loan guarantee to boost sales in Colombia”
- Press Release: “Bank of Canada maintains overnight rate target at 1/2 per cent”
December 3, 2015
- Press Release: “Guelph’s Vivere Hammocks uses EDC loan guarantee allows to increase sales into Europe and Asia”
December 4, 2015