Although the number of export-related activities is winding down in anticipation of the holiday season, there are still a few important announcements this week, as both the Canadian and U.S. governments issue reports on their respective GDP numbers, while EDC publishes its regular weekly reports on global financial markets and on commodity prices and related economic indicators.
Monday, December 21, 2015
- Publication of Global Financial Markets, a weekly publication that reports key financial and macroeconomic information for both developed and emerging markets.
- Publication of Commodity Tracker, a weekly table of commodity prices and economic indicators related to activity in the commodity markets that are most relevant to Canadian exporters.
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
- S. government releases report on revised Gross Domestic Product figures (Q3 2015)
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
- Statistics Canada releases report on Gross Domestic Product by Industry (October 2015)
December 14, 2015
- Press Release: “Minister Freeland attends World Trade Organization Ministerial Conference in Nairobi, Kenya” (Global Affairs Canada)
December 15, 2015
- Press Release: “Monthly Survey of Manufacturing, October 2015” (Statistics Canada)
- Press Release (available in English only): “Consumer Price Index” (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
December 16, 2015
- Press Release: “Minister Freeland welcomes expansion of WTO agreement on information technology” (Global Affairs Canada)
- Press Release: “Canada’s international transactions in securities, October 2015” (Statistics Canada)
- Press Release (available in English only): “Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement” (U.S. Federal Reserve)
December 17, 2015
- Press Release: “Exporters see higher international sales despite concerns about global economic conditions” (Export Development Canada)
- Press Release: “Travel between Canada and other countries, October 2015” (Statistics Canada)
- Press Release: “U.S. International Transactions” (U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Economic Analysis)
December 18, 2015
- Press Release: “Consumer Price Index, November 2015” (Statistics Canada)
- Press Release: “Wholesale trade, October 2015” (Statistics Canada)
Now available for viewing on demand
EDC recently hosted a series of three free webinars that will answer your questions and help you understand the benefits and rewards of exporting to international markets.
- Exporters do better. How to get started
- Get the most out of exporting to the United States
- Export challenges: How to overcome them and succeed